Pickup Truck Insurance
Our best prices are available over the phone, call now 0344 902 8331
What is pickup insurance?
If you drive a pickup - a vehicle that has a front cab and an open cargo area at the back, then you’ll need specialist van insurance. Luckily you’ve come to the right place!
Pickups can be used for all sorts of tasks and activities, from deliveries and carrying tools and equipment to being driven for social use and activities such as motor cross racing. The type of pickup insurance you’ll get depends on what you use your vehicle for, and this is where we can help.
Key points to remember when choosing a policy
- Insurers class pickups as vans rather than cars, meaning you need van insurance
- Information on use, such as social use and carriage of own goods will affect your policy choices so try to be as clear as possible. However, if you use your vehicle for work purposes you will need to ensure you have cover for carriage of goods
- If you want to use your vehicle for both personal use and for travelling to and from work, you need to select the correct class of use, and in this instance it would be social, domestic, pleasure and commuting (SDP+C)
For a new quote call0344 902 8331
Choosing the right pickup policy
There are several factors that will help you choose the right policy:
- Whether your pickup is modified
- What kind of cab you have in your pickup – a standard cab has a single row of seats at the front whilst an extended or double cab has space behind the front seats and often includes a bench
- What you use your pickup for
Commercial pickup insurance
You’ll need commercial pickup insurance if you rely on your van to carry out your trade or profession, or even just to commute to a single place of work.
If your pickup is modified with special equipment that you use for your work, or if you carry deliveries on board, you must tell your insurer as it might affect your policy.
Private pickup insurance
This insurance will cover you to drive your van solely for social reasons, such as seeing friends or carrying out some of your favourite activities or hobbies. If you want to travel to work as well, all you need to do is to let us know and we can ensure you have the correct cover.
Why choose CVD?
At Commercial Vehicle Direct we take the time getting to know you to ensure we can get the best available policy for your needs. It’s important to remember that cheaper isn’t always better. The best value is often found in the product features, which we can go through in full detail.
We pride ourselves in being able to find a policy for all types of modifications, whether you’ve removed the second row of seats to make room for your work tools or fitted a hardtop to the rear for added security.