All personal information is treated confidentially and is safely stored, with security systems preventing unauthorised access.
In order to assess, arrange and administer an insurance contract, provide you with the best prices and reduce fraud, we collect and share information from a variety of sources and methods as detailed within this policy. If we are unable to have your consent for this or you subsequently withdraw your consent, then we may not be able to offer you insurance products or credit.
It's important that you provide complete, accurate and up to date information prior to purchasing, throughout the lifetime and when you renew an insurance policy. If you don’t, your policy may be cancelled, or treated as if it never existed, or your claim rejected or reduced.
We collect information about you when:
- You visit our websites
- You call us to obtain a quote and buy insurance
- You make changes, cancel or renew your insurance policy
We limit the collection of personal information to what we need to know to maintain the accuracy of our records, verify the identity and assess the financial standing of customers, assess and arrange credit, handle claims, deal with complaints, re-engage with you if we lose contact, assist us in providing a high standard of service, and to fulfil any legal and regulatory requirements.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different personal information about you which we have grouped together below:
- Identity Data includes [first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender].
- Contact Data includes [address, email address and telephone numbers].
- Financial Data includes [bank account and payment card details].
- Transaction Data includes [details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us].
- Technical Data includes [internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website, further information is provided within our Cookie Section].
- Profile Data includes [your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses].
- Usage Data includes [information about how you use our website, products and services].
- Marketing and Communications Data includes [your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences].
- Claims Data includes [Date of Claim, Claim Status, Value of Claim, NCB affected]
We may also collect data which the Data Protection Act defines as sensitive, such as;
- Medical history includes [Medical Condition, Medications]
- Criminal convictions includes [the offence committed, the date of conviction].
We will not use data regarded as sensitive data except for the specific purpose of arranging and administering an insurance policy. You may object to Brightside processing your information, however, Brightside will not be able to provide insurance, or comply with your request to object where Brightside have compelling legitimate grounds, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.