Modified Van Insurance
Our best prices are available over the phone, call now 0344 902 8331
What is modified van insurance?
We know that plenty of van owners like to make changes so that their vehicle is better suited to their business, engine performance is improved, or even to change their vans appearance.
Any change made by you or a previous owner since the original manufacturers specification of your van can be classed as a modification. It’s important that insurers know about any change that has been made so you can have confidence that you are covered if you need to make a claim.
A converted van is also considered to be a modified vehicle. For example, a Ford Transit converted into a campervan or a VW van converted into a mobile shop.
What is classified as a modified van?
- Replacing standard wheels with alloys
- Adding extra seats or windows to your van
- Converting to suit mobility requirements
- The addition of a body kit
- Spray painting your van or adding vinyl wraps
- Modifying the suspension, steering or engine
- Adding a spoiler
- Removing rear seats to make more space in your van
- Converting to a camper by adding a bed or cooking equipment
- Converting to a mobile shop or library
For a new quote call0344 902 8331
Why choose CVD for modified van insurance?
At Commercial Vehicle Direct, we know that finding suitable insurance for your modified or converted van isn’t always easy. That’s why we have a specially trained team of experts ready to give you a competitive quote for your van. All of our modified and converted van policies are tailored to suit your individual needs.
We are a specialist UK van insurance broker with access to a wide panel of insurers. Our UK based expert call centre can offer you competitive prices for an extensive range of van insurance policies including a optional extras such as RAC Breakdown cover, Excess Protection or Tools cover.
How much is modified van insurance?
Every van modification is different and the cost of your modified van insurance policy will reflect your circumstances and vehicle as a result. Our team of specialists at Commercial Vehicle Direct will take your details and compare modified vehicle insurance quotes from a wide range of UK insurers to get you the best insurance deal for your modified van.
Top 10 modified vans with CVD
Some of the more common vans that we see applying for modified van insurance include the following models:
- Ford Transit
- Fiat Doblo
- Mercedes Benz Vito
- Vauxhall Vivaro
- Peugeot Partner
- Citroen Berlingo
- Toyota Hilux
- Volkswagen Transporter
- Renault Trafic
- Mitsubishi L200
If these or any other models of vans have been converted into a campervan, then they will specifically need Campervan Conversion Insurance as the requirements will be different.
Types of modified van insurance
Van insurance makes sure you and your modified van are financially protected if an incident occurs, such as accident or theft, and it can also protect others from damages and costs. However, there are different levels of protection available which will also affect the price of your policy, so it is important to know the distinctions and which one you require for your circumstances. The three different levels of van insurance protection are as follows:
- Third Party Only: This level only covers damages caused to other people and their property. With this level of insurance, your vehicle and its driver are not protected. However, this is typically the cheapest level of cover available as a result.
- Third Party, Fire and Theft (TPFT): Like Third Party Only insurance, this level of cover only protects others from damages. However, this cover extends the types of damages to include fire damage and theft.
- Fully Comprehensive: Fully Comprehensive covers all your bases. Not only are third parties covered, but so is your modified van and its driver.
For further information on types of vehicle insurance, see our sister trading style Brightside’s guide to vehicle insurance on their site.