Our cookie policy

We use cookies to give you the best possible experience of our website. If you continue, we'll assume you're happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website. See our Privacy & security policy for more information on cookies and how to manage them.


HGV Insurance

Our best prices are available over the phone, call now 0344 902 8331

what van award

We can cover most HGV drivers and trucks

  • Are you aged between 21 and 75?
  • Have you held a UK driving licence for at least 6 months, or held an EU licence for 12 months?
  • Do you have points on your licence?
  • Have you ever been disqualified from driving?
HGV truck on road


For a new quote call

0344 902 8331
Allianz logo
Ageas logo
Liverpool Victoria logo
Aviva logo

Truck and HGV Insurance

Here at Commercial Vehicle Direct, we can get you sorted with great rates on insurance from Trucks to HGV. We have years of experience so we know the best way to get your truck or HGV covered. We can provide you with a great choice of options so you can find the best cover for you and your vehicles.

It's a legal requirement that you need to have in place, to drive a truck on the road. It protects you and other people from the unfortunate circumstances like injuries or property damage. There's no real difference between truck and car insurance except that truck insurance is specifically designed to cover bigger vehicles.

How to get the right level of HGV cover

Firstly, you need to make sure your insurance matches with how you use your vehicle. This can be for Social, Domestic and Pleasure purposes (ie banger racing transport) or you can use it for Business Use. You can use your HGV for business to carry "own goods" like scaffolders carrying scaffold equipment or skip hires carrying their own skips. Or, if you carry other people's goods from one location to another like haulage contractors or furniture movers. This business usage is called "carriage of goods for hire and reward".

For any HGV however, it's important that you have an Operator's License if you use it for your business. This is normally arranged as a Restricted, National or International operators license depending on how you use your vehicle.


For a new quote call

0344 902 8331