Catering Van Insurance

Call now on 0344 902 8331 for an insurance quote on your catering van.

what van award

What is catering van insurance?

Whether you're a burger van driver or you have a catering trailer that you pitch up at festivals, you're going to need mobile catering van insurance. Insuring a catering van is only the tip of the iceberg – you will need to cover not only your vehicle, but all your catering equipment as well.

Our catering van insurance policies cover hot and cold food catering, as well as static and mobile catering trailers through third party cover. Our dedicated teams will work closely with you to make sure you have the right insurance so that your catering van, business and equipment are properly covered to give you peace of mind.

What types of catering vans can be covered?

  • Small snack vans
  • Up to 7.5 tonne catering/food trucks
  • Purpose built or converted food vans
  • Ice cream vans
  • Burger vans
  • Hot food vans
  • Cold food vans
  • Coffee and tea drinks vans
  • Fish and Chip vans
  • Jiffy trucks and vans
  • Mobile doughnut vans
  • …and many more


For a new quote call

0344 902 8331

We have access to a panel of UK insurers

Allianz logo
Ageas logo
Liverpool Victoria logo
Aviva logo

Why choose CVD for catering van insurance?

Here at Commercial Vehicle Direct, we know that finding suitable insurance for your catering trailer or van isn’t always easy. Fortunately, our team are ready to give you a catering van insurance quote today. All our insurance policies for catering trailers and vans are based on your individual needs.

Commercial Vehicle Direct work with a  panel of UK insurers. Our UK based call centre can offer you quote for an extensive range of specialist van insurance policies including optional extras such as RAC Breakdown cover, Excess Protection, Tool cover and Replacement Vehicle cover.

So, if you're looking for catering van insurance, give us a call today.


Do I need public liability and SME insurance for my catering van?

Yes, you will. Because you will be interacting and selling your food to the public, you will want to be protected from any mishaps that may happen while you're working in your catering van. As such, public liability insurance for a catering van is a must.

Public Liability is not meant to cover your own property or injury to yourself, only third parties. So, if you have employees working for your catering company, or members of the public buying from your catering van, you and your business will be protected from any claims that may be made against you by these third parties.

Our Public Liability package also extends to cover Employers Liability Insurance, which is a legal requirement for any catering business that has employees, such as food trucks.

Learn more about our Public Liability add-on here >

You will also need small business insurance to protect your business from unforeseen circumstances that may force you to park up your catering van for a little while.

If you don't already have public liability and/or SME insurance, our parent company Brightside can help connect you with UK insurers who can assist you in comparing catering packages to find the right fit for your needs.

Visit Brightside’s Public Liability page to find the right fit for you >


For a new quote call

0344 902 8331