There is nothing worse than being out on a busy day and realising that you’ve lost your keys. You start frantically retracing your steps, while the deadlines of the day start approaching, meaning important meetings are missed and deliveries aren’t made. An afternoon’s delay can cost a small business owner a lot of vital income not to mention valuable time.
What you really need in those moments is someone to:
- Assist you to get home safely
- Protect you and your keys
- Recover your lost or stolen keys
What does a key policy cover?
Our key policy will protect your keys from loss or damage.
How does it work?
If you take out a key policy, you’ll be given a key fob with a unique reference number.
All you need to do is simply attach the fob to your keys.
- Any key attached to the fob is insured
- There is no excess payable
- There is no limit to the number of claims you can make (up to £1,500)
- You can claim on this policy without affecting your ‘No Claims Bonus’ on your other insurance policies
What happens if my key is lost, stolen or broken?
Many keys are returned, because they have the fob attached plus there is the offer of a £10 reward as an incentive if someone finds your keys when they are lost.
You can call the 24-hour emergency helpline number, which will be on your policy documents and simply quote your reference number.
Our nationwide network of locksmiths are all approved and if your keys are found or recovered, it goes without saying that we will keep your identity confidential at all times.
If your keys aren’t found, don’t worry this cover means your insurer will:
- Arrange alternative transport
- Arrange assistance from a qualified locksmith
- Arrange safe return of your keys if they are recovered
How long will I be covered for?
The Key Cover cover will run alongside your van insurance policy for a maximum of 12 months, however if you purchased it after the start date of your van insurance both will expire on the same day.
Because we specialise in van insurance at Commercial Vehicle Direct, we are best placed to understand the needs of your business.
We can go through all the optional extras to your motor insurance policy to make sure you have all the cover you need to keep you, and your business, on the road.