Our cookie policy

We use cookies to give you the best possible experience of our website. If you continue, we'll assume you're happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website. See our Privacy & security policy for more information on cookies and how to manage them.

Our response to Covid-19


Courier Insurance

Why you need Courier Insurance

If you're charging a fee to carry goods or you need to carry you're own goods to carry out your job like a bathroom suite to fit a bathroom then you'll need courier insurance. This is because a standard policy doesn't cover for the "multiple-drop" and extended mileage that comes with being a courier for a living. 


What types of courier insurance are there?

The type of Courier insurance required is very much dictated by the what and how you're moving your goods.

  • Hire & Reward - this type of insurance policy allows you to deliver other people's goods. If you don't have this in place for this type of activity your normal standard motor insurance will be invalid.
  • Own-goods - this is the movement of your own goods and equipment between locations.
  • Courier - this is more suitable for multi-drop like newspaper delivery or those delivering documents.


Goods in transit

Whilst courier insurance covers the driver and the vehicle it doesn't cover the goods being carried. So, you may also want to go considering adding Goods in transit as an optional extra along your main insurance policy. This will ensure that whatever you're carrying is covered if it was lost, damaged or stolen during transit.


Commercial Vehicle Direct can:

  • Gives access to market leading rates 
  • Offer immediate insurance for those of you who have UK and EU driving licenses 
  • cater for not only couriers but also hauliers driving vehicles over 44-tonnes 
  • Offer optional extras to meet the specific needs of couriers
Request a quote